Ever Wonder How Care Four You Provides The Community FREE Food Every Week?
DID YOU KNOW?
- The Antelope Valley makes up about 13% of L.A. Counties homeless population.
- **Nearly one-quarter of all homeless people were children, under the age of 18 (23 percent or 127,787). Nine percent (or 52,973) were between the ages of 18 and 24, and 68 percent (or 383,948) were 25 years or older.
- **In January 2015, 83,170 individuals and 13,105 people in families with children were chronically homeless.
*Source: AV Press, LA Times
**Source: Annual Homeless Assessment Report to Congress. (2010 and 2015). US Department of Housing and Urban
OUR FOUR AREAS OF HELP
- Guidance and study tools on how to obtain a high school diploma or GED
- Matriculation assistance for higher education (vocational training or college)
- Career Counselors to assess personality and skills
- Financial planning and scholarship opportunities
- Resources to move families off of the street and under a warm roof
- Assistance in finding appropriate/affordable housing
- Connections with sober living facilities/domestic violence safe homes
- Personal consultations with a professional psychologist
- Drug rehabilitation resources and assisting to AA/NA meetings
- Spiritual counseling
- Mental Health treatment
HEALTH CARE ASSISTANCE
- Complimentary health + dental screenings and care
- Nutrition education, food stamp assistance, and meals
- Comfortable clothing + footwear and basic hygiene necessities